Dr Benjamin Yim Aesthetic & Laser Centre
583 Orchard Road
Tel: +65 6737 9181
I cannot express how much I love having facials because despite doing our own cleansing or exfoliation at home, nothing beats having a professional help you deep cleanse your skin the proper way. I tried 2 facials at Dr Benjamin Yim Aesthetic & Laser Centre; newly launched facial Methode Physiodermie Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) and SensiVital Facial – Dr Renaud.
I will share details on each facial and the differences between them. If you are a huge facial lover as I am, you wouldn’t want to miss this. If you are not, maybe you would like to read on and try one of the 2 facials sometime?
*fresh looking glowing face right after facial with no filter!
SensiVital Facial – Dr Renaud
This facial is suitable for ALL sensitive skin, dehydrated skin and aging skin.
Retail Price: $150 (90mins)
I have sensitive skin which is oily on the inside but very dry on the outside so my beautician, Samantha, suggested the SensiVital Facial to help strengthen my skin by restructuring the Hydrolipidic layer of skin.
She added that this facial is specifically formulated to treat:
- Fragilized skins, example alipic skin – so-called dry, very dry skin.
- Sensitivity as a result of wrong usage of products or aggressive products.
- Skin damaged by our harsh environment (extreme heat or cold, pollution / haze).
- Cleanse: Proper cleansing and I love the light massage Samantha did on my face. It’s very different when someone else cleanse your face for you, very shiok!
- Peel – Gel: exfoliation of the skin. My favourite part where all the dead skins are removed and pores can breathe again.
- Extraction: Because Samantha is so quick and experience, pain factor is only 0.5/5 and rare times hitting 1. It is important to go to an experience beautician for extraction cos if you do it the wrong way, you will leave a scar on your face!
- Hydracomplexe: Hydracomplexe: no downtime, no discomfort after extraction.
- Sensivital Cream Mask – Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage: Relaxing massage with detoxing effect.
- Sensivital Powder Mask: My ultimate favourite where the skin is fresh, clean and pores are breathing and we give it “vitamins” now where the mask comes in! Samantha mixed and create a mask that is customised to what my skin needs and leave them on for about 20-30mins. I take a nap letting my skin “eat” all the goodness it needs from the mask.
- Moisturizer & Sunscreen: and I’m ready to head out!
Review: Sensivital constructs the natural protection shield of the skin owning to its high amount of essential fatty presence of unique polysaccharides of vegetal origin & Shiitake extract to strengthen the skin’s immune system. This also creates a long lasting moisturizing treatment making the skin soft, supple and glowing! My skin looks really fair and moisturised for about 2 weeks.
Introducing a newly launched facial called Methode Physiodermie Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) and this one is so comfortable with a lot of facial massage! For me, this is my ultimate favourite facial.
Methode Physiodermie Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
This facial is fully customised to individual skin condition. My skin is dehydrated and looks dull due to stress and severe lack of sleep thus Samantha, my beautician, suggested this facial treatment for me.
Retail Price: $250 (2 hours)
All Physiodermie products contain natural ingredients such as essential oils, seaweed and marine extracts, which are extracted from pure organic plants using, refined methods.
Methode Physiodermie provides an advanced skin care line manufactured in Switzerland that contains the MEIMA TECHNOLOGY. The MEIMA TECHNOLOGY is a selective delivery system that specifically targets membranes and delivers the necessary ingredients. Your skin’s vitality and the preservation of its youthfulness greatly depend on the dynamic balance between skin cell membranes and its component structures. The skin is constantly subjected to the assaults of time.
- Deep Cleansing Milk: This cleansing milk will gently remove makeup and impurities while preserving the skin’s hydration. Ideal for sensitive skin and the eye contour.
- Stabilizing Lotion pH Balancing: Enhances the penetration of active ingredients. Soothing and balancing lotion with active plant extracts. Restores the skin’s balance, neutralizes alkali, soothes, decongests, brightens and matifies the complexion. Reconstitutes the hydrolipidic layer. I am very surprised that even without doing the actual facial yet and it’s only the second step and we can already see my skin brightening and feeling a lot supple!! Imagine how my skin will look after the entire facial is completed! Check out my un-edited picture!
- Soft Face Biopeeling – Instant Smoothness: A most efficient formula to rid the face and/or body of dead cells and promote the cell renewal process. A specific double action (enzymatic) exfoliating gel that helps to eliminate dead cells facilitates the cellular renewal process and, at the same time, oxygenates the skin.
For all skin types, may be used with facial brushes. Key Ingredients: Fucus, Bamboo, Borage Seed Oil, Cornflower Extract, Matricaria Flower.
I will let the pictures do the talking! So smooth that even mosquitoes wouldn’t stand a chance biting me. Hahaa
5. Compress + PH Lotion + CN: invisible result addresses to specific skin concern.
5. Bioarome + Treatment Emulsion Hydro Sensitive Emulsion + VD + FL One Drop: Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (MLD): Despite all the advanced facial technology, nothing beats a skilful pair of hands giving your face that massage it deserves! I’ve heard of diet detox but this is the first time I’ve heard about face detox! So interesting, not forgetting how relaxing and comfy it is!
6. Balancing Mask + PH Lotion: My skin was so dry due to my severe lack of sleep and I notice the instant hydration and glow it gives to my face. My skin doesn’t feel as tight when I smile!
*No filter nor editing has been done to the above picture!
Review: One of the most relaxing facial I had in a long time! I fell asleep while my face absorbs all the goodness and detox. I love the relaxing facial massage the most because as much as technology is really advanced these days and with new facial machines launching in the beauty industry, NOTHING BEATS a pair of skilful hands! You can let your beautician know the strength required or the stress you are facing or how your skin has doing etc more pimples around cheek or chin etc and your beautician will massage accordingly to help your face detox! Samantha has a lot of experience and is very knowledgeable; throw her any facial questions and she has answers for them!
No monetary compensation was received for this post and all views expressed are my own.