Today the mister and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! The mister, D, hardly attends any events with me cos he doesn’t quite like to socialise but has always been a big fan of my blog and is super supportive. He picks me up after each event and bugs me when I get too lazy to update this space. Thank you for being my biggest fan!
Inspired by many of Ai’s touching blog post of her hubby and her, I thought I will dedicate this blog post to my bestest friend, my amazing traveling partner, my superb shopping kaki and my number 1 husband, D, on this special day of ours.
1. We got married really young! Me, 23 and he, 24. I found the right man and decided to grab him! #nokidding LOL he was quite a heavy smoker but because of my asthmatic conditions, I told him I will only agree to marry him if he were to quit smoking. He went into cold turkey and I saw how he suffered and succeeded. I think you can pretty much guess the rest of the story.
2. The huby is a biker for many years from scrambler to phantom to super 4 and eventually to our current car for 5 years. He proposed using his bike! LOL I was working at Warner Music and he came to pick me up after work and waited at the parking lot outside International Plaza! He refuse to pass me my helmet and insisted I open the box to get it myself. Inside is a pretty doll with the words “Will You Marry Me?” I was shocked, shut the box and said no! LOL
3. We love colours and isn’t afraid to show. He is as loud as I am and I became his stylist. Most people asked if my mister is ok with my loud hair colours but he says he is the lucky man for he wakes up to a new woman every month!
4. We are both right handed but wears our watches on our right! We love twisting and play with the corners of our pillows. So meant to be right!
5. The mister doesn’t shop much in SG but whenever we travel, he goes into crazy shopping mode. He doesn’t stop me from shopping but instead encourages me and tells me if I don’t buy now, I will end up regretting and then helps me dig for treasures!
6. We shop online together and sometimes I make him pay for me! Hahaaa the mister has more shoes than me!
7. Standing at 1.83-1.84m tall, my dear mister used to be afraid of dogs. We adopted our first dog and he was screaming for help when the miniature Schnauzer approached him. I can still remember that look on his face! He is now a big dog lover as I am too!
8. He is very very Chinese while I am the angmo. He loves luncheon meat while I love my ham, he loves his hokkien prawn noodle while I indulge in my pasta, he must have noodles or rice for a complete meal while I can make do with bread and cornflakes. Ok, you get the drift.
9. The mister says he is a better cook than I am but I’ll agree just so I don’t have to cook.
10. We talk everyday and still have tons to talk about. His colleagues asked him how his wife tahan him, he says she is crazier than I am! I guess the couples that laugh together, stays together?
11. We write each other cards on our birthdays and wedding anniversaries. I often lost count on the year and dates we got together but the mister seems to remember them all.
12. The mister has very very good sense of direction while I have na-dah. I can barely make it in SG without getting lost. I often tease about how he can become a cab driver when we are both really old.
Happy T.W.E.L.V.E wedding anniversary Huby! Thank you for the beautiful bouquet, I couldn’t stop smiling. Love you loads and may we continue to irritate the hell out of each other, compromise, love and make up for many many many 12 years to come.
p/s: Many thanks to our SG tour guide from Ultravan who helped snapped such gorgeous pictures for the mister and I. We were holidaying in Hua Hin, Thailand on my birthday. More of that in another blog post.